Job Title: Physical Therapist Revision: September 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
Reports To: Physical Therapy Manager
Summary: Responsible for integrating the five elements of patient care to include examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit stellar customer service and professionalism to both internal/external clients*
- Review physician’s referral and patient’s medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required*
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention*
- Develop treatment plan including frequency and duration*
- Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients*
- Document patient health history, examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment plan, ongoing evaluation and education in electronic medical health record*
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation*
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit*
- Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, respiratory or circulatory efficiency, and record data*
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home*
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners, medical fitness specialists or appropriate others to plan, implement, or assess the intervention program*
- Prepares discharge summary and documents patient’s progress towards goals*
- Choose appropriate CPT codes/charges and associate correct diagnoses using ICD-10*
- Adhere to patient’s medical insurance rules and regulations; update documentation and charges as appropriate*
- Collect and track outcome measures for patients*
- Supervise Physical Therapist Assistant when applicable, to include reviewing plan of care and changing plan as needed*
- Supervise and instruct Physical Therapy Aide when applicable. Delegate appropriate tasks to this individual*
- Provides & instruct patient with home exercise program*
- Assist in developing training protocols/systems to help medical fitness specialists*
- Communicate with other providers about mutual patients including physicians, medical assistants, and medical fitness specialists*
- Participates in staff development opportunity*
- Assist with development and grow the referrals sources with outside sourcing/outreach and networking*
- Assist with marketing for the physical therapy department which includes but is not limited to local radio shows, videos, community presentations*
- Increase revenue for Rejuv with above programming and services*
- Read and respond to email messages professionally and timely *
- Conform to complaint resolution process*
- Take note/assure a Supervisor will contact them
- Email Supervisor with name/contact info/details
- Supervisor to contact client and remedy/cc: HR
- Takes breaks appropriately and with thorough communication. Breaks are to be encouraged, however business/staffing needs will prevail. Flexibility is necessary*
- Create Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount*
- Shine. For internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn how to document in electronic health records.
Licensed MN PT. Prefer experience in an orthopedic outpatient setting, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have an active MN state license. Current CPR and First Aid.
- General Office Equipment
- Mechanical Traction
- Electrical Stimulation
- Cold Laser
- Convention Oven (Toaster Oven to help with orthotics)
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Strength training machines
- Vasopneumatic machine
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to delegate
- Strong conflict resolution / problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Dependable and consistent
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Active listening and speaking skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Service orientation skills
- Ability to instruct
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Ability to perform for or work directly with the public
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Ability to monitor processes, materials and surroundings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)