Job Title: Patient Care Coordinator Revised: Sept 2, 2017
Reports To: Dr. Stebbing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly/Part-time with potential Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Summary: Performs front desk operations in all facets
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit stellar customer service and professionalism to both internal/external clients.*
- Schedule appointments for clinic with enthusiasm.*
- Operate multi line phone system – direct calls, take messages, and relay appropriately and timely – meet or exceed departmental goals.*
- Verify appropriate client insurance and update demographics consistently.*
- Read and respond to email and fax messages professionally and timely .*
- Check in patients. Confirm client accounts and information is accurate and current, greeting each one with a professional/personal shine factor.*
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the office as needed, walking the area regularly to ensure comfort for clients, consistently.*
- Collect co pays and payments consistently upon each check-in.*
- Order and restock inventory monthly – coordinate with MA.*
- Balance register – assist with bank deposit if guided, report discrepancies immediately.*
- Process point of sale accurately.*
- Call referrals to schedule appointments and consults regularly with pleasant demeanor.*
- Assist Biller by submitting 1500 forms, patient payments, EOB’s via cloud based billing platform.*
- Conform to complaint resolution process.*
- Take note/assure a Supervisor will contact them
- Email Supervisor with name/contact info/details
- Supervisor to contact client and remedy/cc: HR
- Assist with communication with other professional offices via fax, phone or email.*
- Schedule client appointments, calls, and follow ups consistently and professionally.*
- Scan documents, inquire/confirm insurance coverage timely.*
- Coordinate reminders and super bills for the next day, including preparing appropriate consent forms and check for out of Network benefits, and checking for financial waivers and HIPAA dates.*
- Assist with obtaining pre-certifications for testing or appointment.*
- Opening: .*
- Unlocking all doors
- Turning on and logging into computer system and Ipad
- Checking to make sure bathrooms are clean and stocked
- Turning on lights
- Check and adjust thermostat
- Closing: .*
- Logging out and of computer system
- Locking all doors
- Finish cleaning tasks
- Turning off lights
- Lock ipad in file cabinet
- Check and adjust thermostat
- Cross-train in all aspects of Client Care/Front Desk fully.*
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment professionally and productively.*
- Assist in documenting processes/forwarding to HR for recording and filing.*
- Takes breaks appropriately and with thorough communication. Breaks are to be encouraged, however business/staffing needs will prevail. Flexibility is necessary.*
- Using work time efficiently and responsibly. When an opportunity arises to take on additional tasks whether small or large timeframe, communicating with Dr. Stebbing as initiatives are constant.*
- Create a Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount.*
- Respect peers consistently.*
- Respect for authority in all management roles.*
- Adhere to accountabilities, bringing forward barriers to ensure success.*
- Shine. Internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently.*
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training and college education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Training/Experience: Graduate of Health Information Technology
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current CPR and AED certificate – not currently enforced
- General Office Equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active listening skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Monitoring skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Service orientation
- Instructing skills
- Time management
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Knowledge of learning strategies
- Ability to document/record information
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of body mechanics
- Active interest in mindfulness, nutrition and self-care
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the requirements and qualifications of this job, including the physical demands, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)