Job Title: Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Revision: Dec 2017
Reports To: Medical Practice Administrator
FLSA Status: Full-time or Part-time Opportunity
Position Location: Waite Park, MN
This position is a combination of primary care with a specialty in wellness including functional medicine, nutrition and hormone balancing. Rejuv Medical providers must be holistic minded and open to natural, non-drug therapies. Our focus is to resolve health concerns and restore the patient to wellness. The team at Rejuv Medical focuses on symptom relief and long-term prevention by taking proactive measures towards achieving well-being from the inside out. We combine the practice of functional/traditional medicine and strive for excellence with integrative patient treatment outcomes for injuries, pain, hormone imbalance and obesity.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage patient’s care per needs and protocol to promote wellness and disease risk modification through weight optimization, stress management and a healthy lifestyle. *
- Counsel on weight management and nutritional supplementation. *
- Perform comprehensive assessments and physical exams, and order necessary diagnostic tests. *
- Analyze and interpret patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings and diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses. *
- Develop treatment plans based on evidence-based medicine, standards of care and professional practice guidelines with an emphasis on wellness and disease prevention. *
- Provide individualized care and support patients in making healthier lifestyle choices. *
- Possess ability to teach and use behavior modification to encourage people who are trying to live an active and healthy lifestyle. *
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances. *
- Present on Health Education for Corporate Wellness. *
- Perform functional medicine weight loss and exercise physicals. *
- Exhibit stellar customer service and professionalism to both internal/external patients. *
- Conform to complaint resolution process. *
- Take note/assure a member of Management will contact them
- Email Human Resources with name/contact info/details
- Human Resources to contact client and remedy
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested, follow through/present initiative and buy-in to management decisions. *
- Use work time efficiently and responsibly. *
- Create a Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount. *
- Shine. Internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of written research.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of electronic medical records and Microsoft Office.
Nurse Practitioner-Doctorate Degree from an accredited school. Physician Assistant- completed PA program from an accredited school. Must have at least one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Credentialing materials provided by employee to employer for verification process.
Certificates and Licenses:
For NP’s -Must have and maintain nursing license and board certifications for RN and APNP. For PA’s must have and maintain state licensure.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and believe the philosophy of Rejuv Medical rejuvenation
- Ability to learn internal electronic health record software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to lasers. The employee is frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
I can perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)