Medical Fitness Specialist/Group Fitness Instructor
*Formerly known as Certified Personal Trainer
Job Title: Medical Fitness Specialist/Group Fitness Instructor Revised: 1/2016
Reports To: Practice Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time
Summary: Assists patients with achieving health and fitness goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and manages patient appointments, reschedule and/or find a substitute if needed. Substitutions should be approved by fitness director(s). *
- Educates patients on behavior modification related to a healthy lifestyle, such as stress management, weight control, and athletic performance. *
- Performs initial and follow-up exercise consultations and physical fitness assessments for patients and/or members as assigned.*
- Consults and reaches out to new, current, and past clients and members for purposes of recruiting and maintaining patient base according to retention guidelines.*
- Acts as a resource for people using any aspect of Rejuv Medical.*
- Records patient histories, daily progress and maintains complete and accurate patient files, administers body fat composition tests, and documents patients’ weight and measurements according to their goals.*
- Conducts research and provides instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or projects related to people working on weight loss.*
- Develops and/or administers training programs for one-on-one clients and small groups.*
- Assists and administers metabolic testing and medical fitness standardization and protocol.*
- Assists and participates in outreach and community activities including marketing, projects, lunch-and-learns, etc. as determined by the Fitness Director(s).*
- Spends adequate time preparing for training sessions to include clean up.*
- Helps in basic cleaning assignments at K-Fit-Dr. Kochert Pain & Health
- Attends all mandatory team meetings and training sessions unless pre-approved by management. *
- Stellar communication skills, adhering to HIPAA compliance, providing coaching and empathy to our patients.*
- Exhibit stellar customer service and professionalism to both internal/external clients.*
- Conform to complaint resolution process.*
- Take note/assure a Supervisor will contact them
- Email Supervisor with name/contact info/details
- Supervisor to contact client and remedy/cc: HR
- Takes breaks appropriately and with thorough communication. Breaks are to be encouraged; however business/staffing needs will prevail. Flexibility is necessary.*
- Using work time efficiently and responsibly. When an opportunity arises to take on additional tasks whether small or large timeframe, communicating with Management.*
- Create a Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount.*
- Shine. Internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current nationally accredited personal training certificate and additional certifications required
- Current CPR and AED certificate
- Continuous education
- Exercise equipment
- General office equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active listening skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Monitoring skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Service orientation
- Instructing skills
- Time management
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Knowledge of learning strategies
- Ability to document/record information
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of body mechanics
- Knowledge of weight management and nutrition
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Normal vision and hearing abilities required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens. Follow proper blood-borne pathogens procedures/emergency protocol when needed.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)