Job Title: ATC/Physician Extender Revision: Dec. 2017
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Summary: Assists Providers with patient evaluation and treatment by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.*
- Interviews patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height; documents in EMR, insurance forms and super bills.*
- Authorizes drug refills and provides prescription information to pharmacies via provider orders.*
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and disposes of contaminated supplies.*
- Prepares and administers medications and injectable components as directed by provider.*
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets, Physicians' instructions and supplement recommendations to patients.*
- Assists physician including labs, imaging, bracing, taping, strapping, fitting, removing sutures, changing dressing on wounds and other related tasks.*
- Collects blood, urine, or other laboratory specimens, logs the specimens and prepares them for testing.*
- Performs routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.*
- Contacts medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests, referral or admission.*
- Performs laundry, cleaning, sterilization, organization, and other housekeeping duties.
- Communicates when supplies are low to ensure proper inventory.*
- Answers inquiry's and educates.*
- Completes work ability reports, disability forms and attending physician statements.*
- Communicates with QRCs for appropriate workers’ compensation clients as directed by the provider.*
- Continues education and personal growth to maintain all registrations, licensures, and certifications*
- Attends team meetings and health fairs to promote the company as needed.*
- Prepare daily patient charts timely and accurately.*
- Assists explanation to patients via provider treatment plans, assists gathering supplements and escorts patient to Front Desk.*
- Triage calls effectively and with empathy.*
- Select appropriate music to be overheard clinic/wide, using discretion.*
- Flexible, adapts to change positively.*
- Presents a consistent willingness to learn new skills and positive demeanor with both patients and co-workers.*
- Exceptional attendance, timeliness and professionalism.*
- Positivity with both patients and co-workers, resilience in times of change.*
- Presents a consistent willingness to learn new skills and positive demeanor with both patients and co-workers.
- Conform to complaint resolution process.
- Take note/assure a Supervisor will contact them
- Email Supervisor with name/contact info/details
- Supervisor to contact client and remedy/cc: HR
- Takes breaks appropriately and with thorough communication. Breaks are to be encouraged, however business/staffing needs will prevail. Flexibility is necessary.
- Create Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount.
- Shine. For internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently.
- Other duties/responsibilities as requested.*
- Rooming patients
- Supplement background
- Lab Experience
- X-Ray Certification Desirable or willing to obtain within 90 days – contingent upon continued employment
Sporting Events (For Athletic Trainers)
- Provides emergency or other appropriate medical care to participants with symptoms or signs of physical distress.*
- Conducts an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness to provide emergency or continued care and to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.*
- Evaluates athletes' readiness to play and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.*
- Applies protective or injury preventive devices including tape, bandages or braces, to body parts, such as ankles, fingers or wrists.*
- Assesses and reports the progress of recovering athletes to coaches or Physicians.*
- Collaborates with Physicians to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.*
- Cares for athletic injuries, using physical therapy equipment, techniques or medication.*
- Performs general administrative tasks including keeping records or writing reports.*
- Advises athletes on the proper use of equipment.*
- Develops training programs or routines designed to improve athletic performance.*
- Inspects playing fields to locate items that could injure players.*
- Instructs coaches, athletes, parents, medical personnel or community members in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.*
- Creates a unique workout that is in line with the ability and expectations of the client.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to successfully perform blood draws
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, clinics and pharmacies. Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Micrososft Office suite and order processing system.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university in athletic training or exercise physiology; and no less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
For ATC: Certified Athletic Trainer Certifications –Board of Certification and/or Registered MN Board of Medical Licensure
- Varied exercise equipment
- Orthopedic splint systems
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Active listening and speaking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Documenting and recording information
- Strong conflict resolution / problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Self directed
- Dependable and consistent
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Writing skills
- Service orientation skills
- Ability to instruct and develop new learning strategies
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Ability to perform for or work directly with the public
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Ability to monitor processes, materials and surroundings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low with overhead music playing.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)