Job Title: Medical Scribe Revision: Jan 2018
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Full-time defined as 32-40 hours/week for insurance
32-39 hours regularly = prorated PTO/Holiday
40 hours regularly = full PTO/Holiday
Summary: Assists Providers with patient documentation by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Accompany physician during patient examination in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.*
2. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.*
3. Exhibit excellence in medical terminology and billing/coding knowledge in all documentation.*
4. List all proper admission or discharge diagnoses as well as follow-up care instructions as dictated by provider.*
5. Document the time and reasoning for, but not electronically submit, patient orders including lab tests, radiology tests and medications.*
6. Perform documentation under time-sensitive appointment scheduling effective, accurately and professionally.*
7. Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.*
8. Document any procedures performed by the physician.*
9. Obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height; documents in EMR, insurance forms and super bills.*
10. Efficiently return emails, phone calls, and texts to ensure timely response time. *
11. Display empathy and compassion to patients while ensuring commitment to define and solve concerns. *
12. Attends team meetings and health fairs to promote the company as needed.*
13. Prepare daily patient charts timely and accurately.*
14. Flexible, adapts to change positively.*
15. Presents a consistent willingness to learn new skills and positive demeanor with both patients and co-workers.*
16. Exceptional attendance, timeliness and professionalism.*
17. Positivity with both patients and co-workers, resilience in times of change.*
18. Presents a consistent willingness to learn new skills and positive demeanor with both patients and co-workers.*
- Conform to complaint resolution process.*
- Take note/assure a Supervisor will contact them
- Email Supervisor with name/contact info/details
- Supervisor to contact client and remedy/cc: HR
- Takes breaks appropriately and with thorough communication. Breaks are to be encouraged, however business/staffing needs will prevail. Flexibility is necessary.*
- Create Unity within the TEAM. Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount.*
- Shine. For internal customers (co-workers) and patient interaction via in person, phone, email – display professionalism and positive demeanor consistently.*
- Other duties/responsibilities as requested.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typing speed of 50-55 wpm/3 errors (maximum of 3 errors).
Medical Terminology and (1) year past clinical experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, clinics and pharmacies. Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Micrososft Office suite and order processing system.
Certification of Medical Scribe with minimum of (1) year experience, preferred 3 years and/or a combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Medical Scribe Certificate/Preferred
- Computer skills, all general/basic office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Active listening and speaking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Documenting and recording information
- Strong conflict resolution / problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Self directed
- Dependable and consistent
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Writing skills
- Service orientation skills
- Ability to instruct and develop new learning strategies
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Ability to perform for or work directly with the public
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Ability to monitor processes, materials and surroundings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
REBUILD - RESTORE - REJUV
Purpose: Restoring Health Worldwide
Our Niche: Through integrating regenerative orthopedics, functional medicine, and medical fitness.
- Virtuous – We check our egos at the door, we are humble and loyal to each other as we listen and create a unified synergy with patients and our team.
- Brilliant – We are unique pioneers. We are growth-minded and strive for excellence.
- Results – We are here to change healthcare by restoring health and vitality in our patients. Our outcome-based approach will hold us accountable. Quality care with quality outcomes.
Rejuv Medical is a Waite Park, MN based Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic focused on reversing the aging process, from non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine practices to medically supervised weight loss programs, with additional services extending into Anti-Aging Medicine and Physical Therapy.
TEAM REJUV BENEFITS -------------Please note if a Satellite location other than Rejuv Medical, benefits will vary.
401(k) w/company match - Safe Harbor
Supplemental Short & Long Disability/Dental/Life/Accident/Vision/etc.
Paid Time Off
Continuous Ed Dollars Annually
Fitness Family Membership, $300 month value!
Dynamic and Positive Work Culture
Team Rejuv Apparel & More!
**Benefits subject to change/qualifications required to be eligible
Company Website: www.rejuvmedical.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)